Sunday, June 12, 2011

Stay Healthy and Exercise in the Morning

We all know physical activity is good for the body and good for the soul. Our bodies need exercise to operate at maximum efficiency. But life can get in the way, and your job and your family take priority over exercise. But you're doing more harm to your body than you think, by not exercising.

It's easy, and you don't need to spend a lot of time or money to have a good workout.

A year ago, I just didn't think I could find any extra time to exercise. I was working 2 full time jobs and I still had a family to take care of at home. I had to tear myself out of bed early every morning for work, and that would set the mood for the rest of the day.

I would be in a bad mood because of my situation, and because I was not taking care of my body. One morning I woke up a couple hours early and just couldn't go back to sleep. Instead of just laying in bed, I decided to get up and go for a walk.

It was a nice summer morning, light out but the sun hadn't risen yet. I just walked around the local park by my house for about 45 minutes, taking in the sights, sounds and smells of the early morning. When I got home, I noticed a change in my mood. I was happy and actually excited to take on the rest of the day, unlike most mornings. I knew exercise was good for my body, but could it be that good for my mind too?

It turns out it can. By waking up an hour early to go for my morning walk, it gives me an hour to wake up, reflect by myself and just have some alone time. It basically gets me some time to get adjusted and prepared for the rest of the day, instead of just fearing and dreading it every morning.

Even though we all know we need to exercise, it's easier said than done. Most of us treat our bodies very poorly, and don't really care. But mental health and happiness is something a lot more people care about. So don't take a morning walk for your body, take it for your mind, your soul, and for yourself.

Article Source:EzineArticles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment